Pest Control Service in Leander, TX
Leander pest control, solutions that fit your life. As the fourth fastest growing city in the state of Texas, it can seem that the population of pests is growing as fast as the people!
Most people don’t want to share personal space with pests but eradicating pests without regard for the long-term effects on our eco-system leaves the future generation in a pretty scary place.
The solution is YardDoc’s takes a holistic approach to integrated pest management.
- Urban Wildlife, etc
Holistic Pest Control in Leander, TX
What Is Integrated Pest Management?
Most pest control or extermination applies a quick and expensive band-aid, without addressing the underlying problems. Meaning, the problem requires the same temporary solution repeatedly. Integrated Pest Management gets to the heart of the matter, and provides a long term solution. It encompasses:
- Sanitation (clean up of the area that is attracting the pests)
- Exclusion (close up access points that allow entry)
- Mechanical (traps for removal of current pests)
- Cultural (plants that repel rather than attract pests)
Pest Control the Holistic Way
When you see pests in your personal space, you are seeing the symptom of a problem. YardDoc’s holistic pest management philosophy focuses on the root cause. The environmental impact of our decisions is considered each step of the way.
YardDoc’s team of experts has the tools and training needed to safely and effectively deter pests from your personal spaces. We resort to chemical deterrents only if necessary.
The first step of our holistic approach is segregation. Our goal is to allow pests to contribute to the ecosystem away from your personal space. Partnering with you allows us to develop the best solution for your household and your family. The chemical deterrents we use as a last-resort range from 98% to 100% natural.
Common Pests in Leander, TX
Beneficial insects are harmed using chemicals commonly used to kill mosquitoes. YardDoc’s environmentally conscious solutions help reduce the population safely.
Cockroaches will dine on anything organic, preferring protein and sweets. Creating a less attractive environment for them and blocking access is effective at keeping them out.
Never ignore a rodent issue. Not only do they make a terrible mess and chew through walls, they also host and spread bacteria and diseases. YardDoc is well adept at encouraging them to relocate.
Foragers who assist others in finding food by spreading a trail of pheromones, ants can be a challenge to remove. Our focus is on helping you locate and remove what’s attracting them, so they don’t want to be there anymore.
Leander is home to many species of wildlife. We can respectfully manage the foxes, moles, rabbits, and possums who are trying to share your space.
Although spiders eat smaller spiders and insects, and most aren’t harmful to people and animals, sharing your home with them may not be high on your list. YardDoc can help manage your spider population.
Stinging is a deal-breaker for scorpions even though they can be useful by preying on insects, spiders, lizards, and other scorpions. Our techniques safely control their population.
Lawn and ornamental pests
YardDoc’s dual expertise in landscaping and pest control allows us to take care of grub worms, webworms, scale, mites, and any other lawn or ornamental pest you are dealing with.
Techniques You Can Use
You can make your home and office less attractive to pests by employing these simple and effective techniques:
- Clean food preparation areas immediately after use and don’t store dirty dishes overnight.
- Don’t leave pet food or water out overnight.
- Vacuum and wash pet bedding and sleeping areas regularly.
- Indoor and outdoor garbage should be covered tightly.
- Empty indoor trash each evening and regularly clean indoor and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Store outdoor trash cans at least 30 feet from the building.
- Keep non-organic and organic debris, stumps, and unkempt plants from accumulating.
- Regularly eliminate standing water and take care to not overwater.
- Keep wood stored at least fifty feet from the building and off the ground.
- Trim trees and shrubs so they don’t touch the building.
- Store food off the floor in plastic, metal, or glass containers
YardDoc provides complete pest control services. Contact us today for a free quote.
Pest Control Service Area
YardDoc serves Travis County communities including Austin, Barton Creek, Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Lakeway, Leander, Lost Creek, Pflugerville, Rollingwood, Round Rock, Spanish Oaks, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, Tarrytown, and West Lake Hills.