YardDoc adopts a holistic approach to ensure that people and pests can co-habit our environment. The YardDoc approach is to deter pests from entering our personal spaces, focusing on removing the attraction, physically impeding or deterring and lastly chemical deterrents.
Our highly trained and experienced staff use the appropriate equipment and systems to ensure that we can provide the level of knowledge and care required to keep your personal spaces pest free.
If you want to manage certain pests in your environment, but you’re concerned about the impact of pesticides on that environment, then YardDoc is the partner for you!
We at YardDoc believe in a holistic approach to pest management as we understand we all share the same environment and we have a responsibility to safeguard that environment and all of its inhabitants.
What Is Holistic Pest Control?
At YardDoc, we recognize that all creatures contribute to the ecosystem. Even the worst “pests” play a role. We also recognize that most people don’t wish to cohabit with these “pests”.
We believe it’s possible to show compassion for both people and animals. Our pest control solutions focus more on segregation than extermination and when it's about extermination then doing this in a manner that is specifically targeted and that has the least possible impact on the environment.
Our experts see themselves as part of a team, collaborating with you to choose the best solutions to create a healthy environment. We focus on removing what’s attracting pests, installing entry barriers, and a host of other solutions before we use chemical deterrents.
When pesticides are used we use the right product for the particular issue and environment so that we can achieve the desired result with the least detrimental impact, and typically using pesticides that range from more than 98% natural to a 100% natural.
YardDoc’s pest control experts have successfully used our holistic approach to treat the following pest populations.
Bees and Wasps
Lawn and Ornamental Pests
Lawn and ornamental pests – Our dual Landscaping and Pest Services enables the YardDoc team to identify and treat lawn and ornamental pests, such as grub worms, webworms, mites, scale etc.
Integrated Pest Management
This philosophy incorporates minimizing chemical applications and incorporating non-chemical approaches, including:
- Sanitization – clean-up
- Exclusion – close-up
- Mechanical – traps
- Cultural – plant types
Non-Chemical Pest Control
Things that you can do to make your office or home less attractive to pests:
- Clean landscape of debris regularly
- Maintain a thirty-foot band around the building
- Keep the landscape free of organic debris, stumps, and unkempt plants
- Look to eliminate standing water bodies
- Look to eliminate over watering of your landscape, particularly in shaded areas
- Store wood in above ground frame at least fifty feet away from the building
- Trim tree and shrub branches away from the building
- Store indoor and outdoor garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Remove all indoor trash daily
- No trash should remain indoors overnight
- Scrub indoor and outdoor trash cans regularly
- Keep outdoor trash cans at least thirty feet from the building
- Store food in plastic, metal or glass containers
- Clean food preparation areas after each use
- Never store food on the floor
- Wash all dishes after use, never leave overnight
- Empty and clean grease pans regularly
- Clean stove exhaust regularly
- Pour boiling water down drains monthly
- Don’t leave pet food or water out overnight
- Ant proof pet dishes
- Vacuum pets sleeping area regularly
- Wash pet bedding regularly
Inspect your office or home at least bi-annually for tell-tale signs of pest issues.
Together, we can help you maintain an environment that’s optimal for the people and the creatures that share our space. Contact us for a free quote.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Pest Control Service Area
YardDoc serves Travis County and Austin communities including Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Kyle, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Leander, North Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, San Marcos, Spanish Oaks, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, Sunset Valley, Tarrytown, Temple, and West Lake Hills.