Pest Control Service in Round Rock, TX
YardDoc is a holistic pest control company that uses an integrated system of pest management to control unwanted visitors.
The majority of pest control companies will report to your property and use numerous chemicals to annihilate unwanted pests, without considering other methods. This approach is not only bad for the pests but is also dangerous for humans and detrimental to the environment.
If you are worried about the disappearing honeybees, the environment, or pesticides in general, YardDoc is the company for you! We offer services throughout the greater Austin area, including Round Rock.
- Urban Wildlife, etc
Holistic Pest Control in Round Rock, TX
Our Approach to Pest Control
Our philosophy is that humans, insects, and animals can all cohabit this earth, even in urban environments.
It is our duty as humans to preserve the earth and all who inhabit it. YardDoc contributes to this cause by developing a pest management system which uses pesticides only when absolutely necessary, not as a first line of defense. We believe the overuse of pesticides is disrupting an entire ecosystem, and we are doing our part to avoid it.
Deter and Segregate
We believe the first line of defense should be deterrence, not chemicals. Our focus is on keeping pests from entering human personal space by removing whatever is attracting them, physically impeding their movements and, lastly, chemical deterrents.
Our intent is never to kill off the pests but to segregate them so they are no longer a hassle to their human roommates.
Pesticides as a Last Resort
Recent studies have found that pesticides can contribute to the development of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. Farmers who distribute pesticides have a much higher chance of developing these diseases than the general population.
These statistics, as well as the detrimental effect on the environment, are reasons why we have chosen to remain a green, holistic pest control company.
YardDoc’s Integrated Approach
Unlike other companies, we do not begin our services with pesticides. We approach your property with a complete analysis and four-step process before considering the use of chemicals.
- Sanitizing the environment – making it less hospitable to pests.
- Exclusion – redirecting the pests to a more appropriate environment.
- Mechanical – trapping and relocation of pests.
- Cultural – deterring or attracting plant-types, situation-dependent.
If the above listed approaches do not work effectively, we will confer with you to determine if pesticides should be an option. The pesticides we use are 98%-100% natural and are used in the smallest possible amounts to avoid leaving a footprint on the environment.
Tips for Maintaining Holistic Pest Control
YardDoc can help you remove or relocate pests. Once our highly trained staff has performed their duties on your property, you can maintain a balanced environment with the tips below.
Indoor Pest Maintenance Tips
- Store food in containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Clean counters immediately after use to eliminate crumbs.
- Do not store food on the ground.
- Wash all dishes after use.
- Clean grease pans and grease buildup frequently.
- Do not leave pet food or water out overnight.
- Ant-proof pet dishes.
- Wash and vacuum pet beds weekly.
- Remove indoor trash frequently, preferably daily.
Outdoor Pest Maintenance Tips
- Clean landscape, remove debris and stumps.
- Maintain 30 feet of clearance around buildings.
- Eliminate standing bodies of stagnant water.
- Store chopped wood above-ground, 50 feet from any building.
- Keep outdoor trash cans 30 feet from building, ensure the lids are tight-fitting.
- Remove animal waste immediately.
YardDoc is here to help with all pest removal needs in the Round Rock area, as well as pest control in Austin and surrounding areas! Contact us for an onsite visit and free quote for your home or office.
Pest Control Service Area
YardDoc serves Travis County and Austin communities including Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Kyle, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Leander, North Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, San Marcos, Spanish Oaks, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, Sunset Valley, Tarrytown, Temple, and West Lake Hills.