YardDoc Pool and Spa Service Checklist
- Check that the water level in the pool is where it should be.
- Check for debris in the pool, on the surface and on the bottom.
- Open the skimmer and clean out skimmer baskets.
- If there is a pool cleaner, then empty the bag on the skimmer.
- Check the water chemistry to see that the chemicals levels are where you would want them to be for the particular time of year and that they are in balance.
- Dose chemicals as needed.
- Clean the surface and bottom of the pool as needed, skimming the surface with a net and either vacuuming or skimming the bottom, depending on what is required.
- Brush the sides and steps to prevent pool algae build up.
- Check pool equipment, looking for any leaks, and listening for any unusual sounds.
- Empty pool pump basket if needed.
- Check filter pressure and backwash filter if needed.
- When you’re finished with the equipment, check that the water in the pool is moving as you would expect it to.
- If there are any issues, take pictures and notify the pool services manager so we can address them.
- When the service is completed, take a picture of the cleaned pool and submit a service report updating the owner on what we did.
Pool and Spa Filters
Filter cleans are done on cartridge and DE filters quarterly, so this is part of the service, but not done at every visit.
Some smaller filters will need to be cleaned more frequently, and sand or glass filters are not cleaned until it is time to change out the sand, which would be only every few years with good quality water.
Request a Free Quote
If the spa is not connected to the pool, and it has its own water system, then the water chemistry of the spa will be checked and managed separately from that of the pool.
Most of the pool and spas that we maintain are connected with the pool and spa sharing the same water system so they can be treated as one unit.
Get a free quote for YardDoc’s pool and spa services to keep them in peak condition.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Pool Maintenance Service Area
YardDoc serves Travis County and Austin communities including Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Kyle, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Leander, North Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, San Marcos, Spanish Oaks, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, Sunset Valley, Tarrytown, Temple, and West Lake Hills.